When you sell your house in the spring market, you want to avoid these five mistakes at all costs.
If you’re getting ready to sell your house in the upcoming spring or summer months, there are five mistakes you want to avoid making:
1. Do not overprice your home: Even in this appreciating market, it could cost you in the long run.
2. Don’t leave minor repairs undone: Minor repairs are part of getting your house ready to list on the market.
3. Don’t overimprove: Don’t think that spending a ton of money on improvements will all come back in your bottom line. Consult with your Realtor about which upgrades will make you your money back when you sell.
4. Don’t make it hard for buyers to see your property: With low inventory in our market, we have a lot of motivated buyers. A lot of people will want to see your house in the first two weeks it’s on the market, so make it as easy as possible for them.
5. Don’t try to sell on your own: You might think you’ll save money on real estate commission, but in this appreciating market, it will cost you more than if you sell with a professional real estate agent.
If you have any questions or you’re thinking about making a move in the Las Vegas market, give me a call or send me an email. I’m always happy to help.